We do our best for our clients to provide full services of legal and commercial matters in Trademark/service mark, such as Search, registration of Trademark/Service mark, Trademark/Service mark renewal, recordal of change of name/address, Trademark/Service mark assignment, license agreement, appeal, objection, warning letter, Trademark/Service mark registration certificate and other legal matters.
Trademark and Service mark Protection
Mark protection is 10 (ten) years and can be extended 12 (twelve) months before the expiration of the term of protection. A mark may not registered upon an application filed by an applicant with bad faith.
A mark may not be registered if it contains one of the following elements :
- Is offensive to the prevailing laws, religious morality, politeness, or public order;
- Has no distinguishing features;
- Has become public domain, or ;
- Constitutes information or relation to the goods or services for which registration is requested.
An application shall be rejected by Directorate General if such mark :
- Has any substantial or total similarity to the mark of another party which has already been registered earlier for identical goods or services;
- Has any substantial or total similarity to the well-known marks of another party for identical goods and or services;
- Has any substantial or total similarity to the well-known geographical indications.
The application may also be rejected by Directorate General if such Mark :
- is identical with or similar to the name of a famous person, photograph, or the name of a legal entity of another person, unless with written consent from the entitled;
- is in form of copies or resemble to a name or an abbreviated name, flag, sign or symbol or emblem of a country or national or international institution, unless with written consent from the authorized;
- Is in form of copies or resemble to the official sign or seal or stamp that is used by a country or Government institution, unless with written consent from the authorized.